The Services are not directed to, nor intended to be used, by children years of age. If you discover that information of anyone under eighteen (13) years of age was submitted to the Services, please contact us using any methods in the “Contacting Us” section below and we will remove such information. The Services are available for use by children between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), user of the Services (“User”) for all individuals under the age of 18 must be the patient’s parent or legal guardian. If you register as the parent or legal guardian on behalf of a minor, you will be fully responsible for complying and understanding the Policy.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
DNAngels collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, phone number, or email address.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post while using the Services,
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the Services.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device hardware model and unique identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Choices section below.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We may also collect information about your Wi-Fi or mobile network.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
DNANGELS collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information on our Platform.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Contact us or donate to us.
- Engage with our online communities.
- Sign up to receive our communications.
- Interact with DNAngels social media pages.
- For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Services.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources with your consent or as permitted by applicable law. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect from you online with other sources,
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information that we collect through our Platform include:
- To Provide Our Services. This could include fulfilling your requests services.
- To Improve Our Tools and Services. We may use your information to make our Services, better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about the Services.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- We may share your information within our company as needed to provide the Services.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf and with whom we have a contract that includes appropriate privacy obligations.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if DNAngels merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may transfer our customer information as part of such a transaction or as stand-alone assets. You hereby consent to such transfers and DNAngels may assign and transfer all of the rights, benefits, duties, and obligations of this Policy, under the circumstances described in this paragraph.
- To Comply with the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. Such uses shall only be as necessary or appropriate, and only as permitted under applicable law to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including in connection with investigating security incidents; or (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- For Such Other Purposes as You May Expressly Consent. For example, if you agree to provide a testimonial to DNAngels.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
SECURITY AND RETENTION
DNAngels seeks to use administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that are reasonable and appropriate for the protection of the Personal Information in our custody or control. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
As our operations are conducted from the United States, and the services we offer presume the parent you are seeking resides in the United States, all Personal Information that we collect is used and stored in the US, is subject to US laws, and may be subject to disclosure to US governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies pursuant to those laws. If you are using DNAngels services from or in another country with laws governing data collection and use, please note that your Personal Information will be transmitted to our servers in the United States as necessary to provide you with the information that you requested, administer our contract with you or to respond to your requests as described in this Policy, and such Personal Information may be transmitted to our service providers supporting our business operations. The United States may have data protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us at the following address:
Attention: Privacy Officer
5920 Giant City Road Unit A
Carbondale, Illinois 62902
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. This Policy is current as of the “last revised” date which appears at the top of this page.